Hello, I'm Jonathan Coates, aka SquidDev. I'm a recent graduate of the University of Edinburgh studying, with a first in Computer Science. I mess around with other things in my free time. I work on all sorts of projects, with a strong focus on compilers, ComputerCraft, and reinventing the wheel.
Here's some blog articles I have written:
- Optimising Lua's string concatenation (May 8, 2020)
- An optimised monitor renderer (May 8, 2020)
- The Amulet backend (Aug 30, 2019)
- copy-cat: A ComputerCraft emulator for the web (May 20, 2019)
- Tweaking the internals of CC: Tweaked (Mar 8, 2019)
- Debugging CC:T thread saturation (Nov 24, 2018)
- Lag hunting and ComputerCraft (May 15, 2018)
- cloud-catcher: A web interface for ComputerCraft (May 4, 2018)
- Autocrafting is NP-hard (Jan 26, 2018)
While all my projects may be found on GitHub, here's a small sample of my favourite ones.